2.3 - Review Judge's Video
Let’s summarize what you learned by watching the Judge’s video.
- The video presented information about the court system including legal terms, how to make a formal agreement, how to change it, and getting legal advice.
- You also learned about the criteria used by the court to make decisions about family disputes.
- The Judge’s video explained that the court is not the place to work through emotional issues and that you do not necessarily have to go to court.
- Mediation is a way to sort out and make agreements regarding the roles of both parents after separation and that is one alternative to court that you can consider.
- To learn more about resolving legal issues outside of court and options that are available to you, read the Parenting After Separation Handbook.
Next, there is a crossword puzzle on the Judge’s Video. Completing the puzzle will help you remember what you have learned.